If you are using Microsoft Windows Server 2008, we will highly recommend you upgrade your OS or migrate your data before 14 January 2020 end-of-life date. Furthermore, On October 13, 2020, Exchange Server 2010 will reach end of support. Microsoft will no longer provide technical support, bug fixes and security patches discovered subsequently.
So, what are your options?
Today, organizations are searching for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution that allows teams to share information, communicate and manage products quickly and intuitively. However, if you’re still operating Windows 7, the entire system can easily be taken over after EOL, because the server vulnerable to security breaches.
On January 2020, with the end-of-life of Microsoft’s flagship Windows 7 OS, is still being used by organizations worldwide. If you have an old version of ECM system on Server 2008 or Windows 7, it will be difficult to operate after EOL. It is better to upgrade to the latest version of SharePoint in order to reduce costs and labor. SharePoint has many benefits during data migration, especially if the organization already has the entire Microsoft office suite.
Microsoft recommends their customers to migrate current product versions before the support end dates. This lets the customers take advantage of the latest product innovations and ensure secure and uninterrupted support from Microsoft.
The biggest impact is going to be on security. With the end-of-life of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008, customers will no longer receive security patches and updates. Once these operating systems reach end of life, there will be no support whatsoever for critical bugs or massive security holes. When Exchange 2010 reaches its end of support, Microsoft will no longer provide:
- Technical support for problems that may occur;
- Bug fixes for issues that are discovered and that may impact the stability and usability of the server.
- Security fixes for vulnerabilities
- Time zone updates
Your installation of Exchange 2010 will continue to run after this date. However, because of the changes listed above, we strongly recommend that you migrate from Exchange 2010 as soon as possible.
Migrating data between two platforms is complex because different data items: folders, documents, cabinets, Appointments (Events in calendars), Contacts, Distribution lists, Posts, Tasks, Notes, Mail items, RSS Feed items, Discussion, Report Items and even virtual documents need to be migrated conveniently along with reliable migration of documents from old ECM’s to SharePoint Environments.
Tzunami Deployer is a leading migration solution, offering rapid migrations into any SharePoint and support multiple source systems in one software solution. Tzunami Deployer consolidates data from various ECM systems into one SharePoint platform. Deployer enables IT and project managers to streamline the business-critical data simply, safely and efficiently. Tzunami Deployer can save time, labor cost and increase the return on investment for the organization performing the migration.
Furthermore, Tzunami Deployer has acquired migration knowledge with the support of a wide range of ECM integrations, for example:
and many more!
You have many benefits of using Tzunami Deployer to migrate content to SharePoint:
- Advanced configurations – Security migration, Metadata Migration, Migrate permissions, Property Mapping, Support for SharePoint Modern Pages, maintain links.
- Range of ECM integrations – for example from Documentum To SharePoint, Confluence to SharePoint, Docushare to SharePoint and many more (click here to see all our supported systems for migration to SharePoint). More than 20 years of experience with enterprise content migration.
- Easy to use – Similar to the windows file explorer, Tzunami Deployer has a familiar, tree-based, drag and drop user interface.
- advanced filtering,
- Migrates all List Types– Custom Lists, Document Libraries, Folders, Issues, Task, Contacts, Announcements, Discussions, Web Part, Home Page, Quick Launch, Wiki Site, Content Type etc. can all be migrated while preserving views, metadata, and user-edit information.
- Copying contents within SharePoint servers– Tzunami Deployer supports the copying of content between and within SharePoint Server 2007, SharePoint Server 2010, SharePoint Server 2013, SharePoint Server 2016, SharePoint Server 2019, SharePoint Online, sites and lists.
- Modeling and deploying tool– Leading tool for modeling, customizing, and designing SharePoint sites, lists, libraries, and folders etc. as well as managing security settings.
- Metadata editing and mapping– Tzunami Deployer’s metadata editing and mapping features provides a central point for metadata administration for all SharePoint site. Create new property sets, duplicate property sets, create new properties, and copy them from one property set to another.
- Retain your valuable data– When deploying content to SharePoint, Tzunami Deployer maps metadata properties of source items to target columns in SharePoint libraries and lists. If no appropriate columns exist in the target to host your source properties, you can create them on the spot.
- Migrate permission– When migrating content into SharePoint, Tzunami Deployer analyzes security permissions in the content sources and allows mapping of source users, roles and permissions to corresponding SharePoint users, groups, roles and permissions in order to best match the existing settings
- Rapid migration – Save time and reduce migration costs, SCHEDULING, Offline simulation environment
- Support team available to you 24/7
- Detailed Migration Reports
Considering all the benefits being offered by Tzunami Deployer, organizations can contact us now for a free trial suited for your migration scenario.
If you haven’t already begun your migration from your ECM system to SharePoint 2019 or from Exchange 2010 to Office 365, now’s the time to start your planning.
To contact a customer support representative please email International Support: [email protected].